Booking & Cancellation Polices
Installment 1 – To secure a reservation, we require 25% of the package price to be paid at the time of booking. If you are booking within 90 days of the start date of the program, full payment is required at the time of booking.
Installment 2 – The balance payment is due 90 days prior to the start date of the program.
In the unfortunate case that you need to cancel your reservation, please familiarise yourself with the below cancellation policy. All cancellation requests must be submitted via email by clicking here. Cancellation requests submitted by phone will not be accepted.
1. CANCELLING DUE TO COVID-19 RELATED CIRCUMSTANCES
If you are unable to travel to us, or we are unable to host you due to the COVID-19 related circumstances detailed below, we will allow you to reschedule your reservation to the following year, PLUS we will price match your package, meaning you do not need to pay the annual rate increase upon rescheduling!
If rescheduling your reservation to the following season is not feasible, please contact us to discuss the possibility of a partial or full refund. This will be dependent on the circumstances surrounding your cancellation.
COVID-19 related circumstances include;
- The Canadian international border is closed for non-essential travel
- A Governmental travel ban prohibiting you from leaving your home country, province or community
- A mandatory self-isolation period is implemented either in Canada or in your home country that is not feasible for you to adhere to (i.e. 14 days or longer)
- You, or an immediate family member, has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus (in this circumstance a medical note is required)
PLEASE NOTE: It is important that you take the time to educate yourself on the requirements to travel both to Canada and to return to your home country. Being denied entry into Canada due to failure to meet entry requirements, such as proof of vaccination, will not be accepted as a valid reason to cancel your reservation and receive a refund or reschedule to a future date. For detailed information, including the steps you should follow when planning your trip to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada website by clicking here.
2. CANCELLING NOT DUE TO COVID-19 RELATED CIRCUMSTANCES
We strongly recommend purchasing Cancellation insurance from Lifestyle Financial. This will protect your investment from unforeseen circumstances that would prevent you from participating in your program and that are unrelated to the COVID-19 pandemic. For additional information, see ‘Cancellation Insurance’ below.
Cancelling after the first installment is paid, but prior to submitting the second installment;
The first installment is non-refundable.
However, we can offer you the following options;
- You may reschedule to a different date within the same season; however, you will be required to pay the rate difference, if applicable.
- You can find someone to take over your booking and they reimburse you directly. The first installment will be credited towards your substitute’s reservation, and they will be responsible for making the final balance payment.
Cancelling after submitting the second installment;
If, within 90 days of your arrival date and after the second installment has been paid, you need to cancel your booking, your full payment is non-refundable. In this situation we can offer you the following options;
- We can attempt to resell your package on your behalf. If we are able to sell the spot, we will credit your account for the amount we sold it for which you can use towards a trip in the next two winters, minus a $500 administration fee.
- You can find someone to take over your booking and they reimburse you directly.
- Tweedsmuir Park Lodge reserves the right to cancel your reservation at any time. If this happens, we will give you the opportunity to reschedule your trip for a future date, or, if you are unable to reschedule, we will issue a full refund.
- In the event that you cancel your reservation after the first installment has been made, we reserve the right to retain the first installment and resell your seat.
- If we have not received the second installment at least 90 days from the start date of the program, we will consider that you have cancelled your seat and reserve the right to retain the first installment and resell your seat.
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase Cancellation Insurance online with Lifestyle Financial, whose policy covers Canadians and Non-Canadians.
Once a booking is made and the first installment has been paid, significant expenses and long-term commitments are incurred on your behalf. For this reason, we do not offer refunds if you are later forced to cancel your reservation.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
To guarantee your reservation we will send you a link to an online booking form. Within 48 hours of receiving your completed booking form, you will be sent an invoice with instructions on how to pay.
A reservation confirmation will be sent to you upon receipt of the first installment. The balance payment is due 90 days prior to the start date of the program.
All rates are before tax in Canadian dollars and are subject to a 5% goods and services tax.
It is the guide's duty to monitor, evaluate and minimise the risks associated with the activities being offered. However, even the best guides are not infallible and the risks associated with a wilderness environment are only partially under our control. By registering with us you acknowledge these risks.
All guests will be required to sign a Release of Liability (Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement) upon arriving in Bella Coola. Please read the waiver carefully before booking your holiday to ensure you are comfortable with the terms of this document and will be able to sign it because you will not be permitted to partake in any activities until the waiver is signed.
Click here to view a sample waiver.
All claims, irrespective of the nationality of the participants, will be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge does not carry insurance on behalf of our guests. We, therefore, recommend you carry the following:
Extended Medical Insurance. Your medical insurance should cover you for life and health care risks while in Canada, and in addition should provide for transport to your home country if you reside outside of Canada.
Emergency Evacuation Insurance. In the case of injury, air ambulance expenses will be charged to the injured party.
Personal Property Insurance. Insure your personal belongings against loss. Your homeowner's insurance may not be enough. Be sure that this insurance covers you while you are in Canada.
Trip Cancellation Insurance. In view of our cancellation policy, we strongly recommend that all our guests purchase holiday cancellation insurance.
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge recommends Lifestyle Financial for all your travel insurance needs. Get a quote and book online at Lifestyle Financial.
It is the responsibility of our guests to ensure that they arrive in Bella Coola on time for their adventure. Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is not responsible for missed flights, missed connections or for any other reason.
If you are flying to Bella Coola we recommend arriving in Vancouver the day prior to your departure for Bella Coola. Tweedsmuir Park Lodge reserves the right to cancel any holiday package at any time. In this case, a full refund will be given.