Incredible July Mid-Week Offer - $100/night!
We hope you are having a good summer. The recent weather at the Lodge has been awesome!
Our summer bookings are the strongest they have ever been! Even so, we have some last minute availability for this month and thought we'd like to make you a special offer to come check out Tweedsmuir Park Lodge and the beautiful Bella Coola Valley!
Yes, $99 per night for your own private timber chalet with incredible mountain views!! Normally our cabins are $209-$289. The only catch? You need to stay a minimum of 3 nights (or at least pay for 3 nights...which would still be cheaper than the regular 2 night rate)!
- July 5 - 19
- July 22 - 26
- July 29 - August 2
(Basically July 5 to August 2, excluding Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays)
Chalet types: All chalet types available for this offer (subject to availability)! To see a description of each type, see here: Bella Coola lodging.
To book: send Manouane an email or call (1 877 982 2407)!
So, what's there to do up at the lodge?
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge may be remote, however, there are tons of activities for adults and kids alike! A 2 or 3 night visit isn’t enough to experience all that the Bella Coola Valley has to offer, therefore we recommend a stay of 4 or more nights, especially if you would like to see lots of bears and other wildlife.
- Spa - Large 12 person hot tub and first nations teepee sweat lodge
- Walks & Hikes - Old growth, scenic trails, both around the lodge property and at other points in the Valley
- Mountain Biking - We have a range of mountain bikes that guests may use for free. Recommended ride includes the Tote Road and for a minimal charge, we can organise a shuttle ride to the top of The Hill (the infamous Highway 20)
- Fishing - To increase your chances of catching a fish, we recommend hiring one of our knowledgeable, local guides. For more info, see our guided fly-fishing page. Note: we encourage "catch and release" and there is a minimal rental charge for rods and waders.
- Frisbee Golf Course - 18 holes, past the stables and into a beautiful old growth fir forest.
- Slack Line
- Lawn Sports (croquet / bocce / soccer / football / frisbee / horseshoes / volleyball)
- Swimming - there are some classic swimming holes in the Atnarko River including a rope swing!
- Inner Tube Floating on the Atnarko River
- BC Parks "Belarko" Bear viewing stand (entrance by donation)
- Private Tweedsmuir Park Lodge Bear Viewing Stand - for guests only *COMING SOON *
- Pond Fishing & casting practice (from dock, especially great for kids. We have kid rods available. There's small trout in the pond)
- Icelandic Horse Rides - *COMING SOON *
- Paintball - *COMING SOON *
- Free Wi-Fi throughout all the chalets and the lodge
- Pool / billiards
- Foosball table
- Table hockey
- Gym - kick & boxing bag, weights & chin bar, stationary bikes, yoga balls & mats
- TV games (Wii)
- Table games - chess, cards & poker, backgammon, Trivia Pursuit
- Movies - big screen TV with surround-sound
- Books & literature
And then there are our signature programs:
- Grizzly Bear Viewing - Located in the Great Bear Rainforest, our award-wining tours enable guests to observe grizzlies from non-motorized, comfortable drift boats on the Atnarko river. In addition to the boats, our lodge is located very close to a Bear Viewing Platform run by BC Parks. This free-of-charge facility is only a 15 minute walk, or guests can use our free mountain bikes or a lodge member can do a drop off and pick up. *Prime Grizzly viewing is in September and October*
- Scenic River Drifts - As the McKenzie drift boats do not use a motor the silence offers the opportunity for viewing wildlife up close and personal (bears, eagles, fish, birds, wolves, deer etc)
- Heli Hiking - Our helicopter adventures are designed to accommodate many different levels of fitness and interest. From short leisurely walks to long strenuous hikes, where even ropes may be needed, each of our hikes has one goal in common. This goal is to expose our guests to wild and beautiful places that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- Guided Fly Fishing - Drifting down the Atnarko in our McKenzie river boats, we stop at all the best fishing holes along the way, fishing for King Salmon and Trout.
- Guided Nature Walks - Extraordinary walking tours in the Bella Coola Valley. From alpine to ocean, and old growth forest to volcano, these eco-escapes are ideal for all ages and abilities.
- Fjord Trips - Cruise the fjord and take in the magical scenery. Set prawn and crab traps, visit the ocean side hot springs, the giant cedar and the historic Tallheo Cannery…
- Valley Tours - Explore the local geography and the culture of the Nuxalk First Nations people. Stops can include the ancient petroglyphs, the harbour, and Walker Island Park……
- Bird Watching - Warblers, Ptarmigans, Water Dippers, Bald Eagles, Hummingbirds, Owls, Falcons, Hawks and Kingfishers can be spotted in and around the lodge and park…..