Multi-generational Family Gatherings
In today's busy world it is hard to find the space for quality time with our immediate family members, let alone our extended families. Further complicating things, work commitments may require that we relocate to another city or even country. This means many kids today grow up rarely seeing their grandparents and may not see their cousins at all. Thus, the concept of the extended "family reunion", to bring together family members who are scattered across the globe. Family reunions enable members to spend quality time together, building positive memories, and lasting bonds of kinship
- Luxury wilderness accommodation at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge in private chalets
- Gourmet meals prepared for you with local ingredients.
- Numerous adventure activities to choose from with something for all ages
- Giant central lawn for the kids to play on with multiple games
- Easy, fast access from Vancouver. Leave the city mid-morning and be relaxing at our lodge that afternoon
It is our belief that the best family reunions happen on neutral ground. This way all family members are on equal footing and there is no host family that must deal with the ongoing distractions of daily life.
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is the perfect place for multi-generational family reunions. It is small and intimate enough that the whole facility can be rented by one group, yet big enough to insure a comfortable space for all. There are nine private chalets, six of them ideal for a family unit of four, and some smaller ones for the grandparents. This ensures a good degree of privacy, but there is plenty of space for gathering as well. The main lodge serves as the centre point for dining and socializing, while the giant central lawn is always a big hit with the kids. There is also a 1,200 foot spa building for workouts, yoga, and massages, as well as a large hot tub.
Best of all, there are so many things to do: river fishing, wildlife viewing, valley hikes, helicopter supported hiking in the alpine, lawn games, scenic drifts on the river, swimming, excursions to the fjord for prawning and crabbing, and last but not least, being pampered at the lodge. During the day people can split into smaller groups and pursue their individual interests, then regather in the evening for drinks on the patio and share their stories.
And don't forget Christmas. It's a winter wonderland in Bella Coola and this is of course a traditional time for families to gather. Enjoy building snow forts, helicopter skiing, winter fishing, cross country skiing, and magical evenings sharing meals and games by the fireplace.
Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is the perfect location for a memorable family reunion and we hereby invite you and your families to experience the beautiful Bella Coola valley.
Contact us for more details on how we can cater something special for your family group. Please call our Sales Office at 604.932.3000 or send us an email.
Rates & Dates
The lodge is open between June and October and then again in the winter for heli-skiing. The ideal length of stay would be 5 nights as that is enough time to enjoy the surroundings, but we can certainly accommodate shorter or longer stays.
Please let us know how many people in your group and your ideal holiday. We will then give you a quote and build a custom itinerary, including some suggestions.
- Large living room / dining room with fireplace
- Sports bar with fireplace, billiards table, games and satellite TV
- Spa facility with outdoor covered hot tub, showers and washrooms, stretching, yoga and massage areas
- Guest media room with computer access, fax/telephone service
- Wireless computer access throughout the lodge, chalets and cabins
- Retail shop
What to Bring
In addition to your usual traveling items, also pack the below things for your trip to Bella Coola
- Good, worn-in, low or medium cut hiking shoes are suitable for most hikes
- Small backpack for lunch, snacks, fluids and personal gear
- Comfortable active wear pants
- Warm shirt, fleece or sweater
- Fleece hat, baseball cap or sun hat
- Thin gloves
- Wind jacket and pants or thin rain gear
- 1 litre water bottle
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Camera with a large memory card for all those great shots
- Personal medication if applicable