Multi-generational Family Gatherings.
In today's busy world it is hard to find the space for quality time with our immediate family members, let alone our extended families. Further complicating things, work commitments may require that we relocate to another city or even country. This means many kids today grow up rarely seeing their grandparents and may not see their cousins at all. Thus, the concept of the extended "family reunion", to bring together family members who are scattered across the globe. Family reunions enable members to spend quality time together, building positive memories, and lasting bonds of kinship
Highlights and Bonuses
- Luxury accommodation at the Historic Tweedsmuir Park Lodge in private chalets
- Gourmet meals prepared for you with local ingredients. No dishes!
- Numerous adventure activities to choose from with something for all ages.
- Giant central lawn for the kids to play on with multiple games.
- Easy, fast access from Vancouver. Less travel equals more time to play.
It is our belief that the best family reunions happen on neutral ground. This way all family members are on equal footing and there is no host family that must deal with the ongoing distractions of daily life.
Certainly the Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is the perfect place for multi-generational family reunions. Its small and intimate enough that the whole facility can be rented by one group, yet big enough to insure a comfortable space for all. There are nine private chalets, six of them ideal for a family unit of four, and some smaller ones for the grandparents. This insures a good degree of privacy, but there is plenty of space for gathering as well. The main lodge serves as the centre point for dining and socializing, while the giant central lawn is always a big hit with the kids. There is also a 1,200 foot spa building for work outs, yoga, and massages, as well as a large hot tub.
Best of all, there are so many things to do: river fishing, wildlife viewing, valley hikes, helicopter supported hiking in the alpine, lawn games, scenic drifts on the river, swimming, excursions to the fjord for prawning and crabbing, and last but not least, being pampered at the lodge. During the day people generally break down into smaller groups and pursue their individual interests, but then gather in the evening for drinks on the patio and share their stories.
And don't forget Christmas. Its a winter wonderland in Bella Coola and this is of course a traditional time for families to gather. Enjoy building snow forts, helicopter skiing, winter fishing, cross country skiing, and magical evenings sharing meals and games by the fireplace.
The Tweedsmuir Park Lodge is the perfect location for a memorable family reunion and we hereby invite you and your families to come do so in Bella Coola.
Contact us for more details on how we can cater something special for your family group. Please call our Sales Office at 604.932.3000 or send an email to email@example.com
Rates & Dates
The lodge is open end of May until the middle of October and then again in the winter for heli skiing. The ideal length of stay would be 5 nights as that is enough time to enjoy the surroundings, but we can certainly accommodate shorter or longer stays.
Family holidays and reunions can be booked inclusive of activities or accommodation and meals only. For nightly rates please go to: http://www.tweedsmuirparklodge.com/lodge-info/nightly-accommodation
However, to insure that it will be possible to enjoy the full range of activities available in Bella Coola we recommend booking one of our adventure holiday packages. For more info on the various adventure programs go to: http://www.tweedsmuirparklodge.com/adventures
The adventure holiday programs include activities and guiding services. For example, the Bella Coola Explorer program includes helicopter support for access to the alpine and gives a broad introduction to all that the valley has to offer. Another program to consider is the Tweedsmuir Park Explorer which is a more focused on the area surrounding the lodge. Of course the other adventure programs listed are also available and it is possible to design a custom program. In the end, its really about your interests and aspirations.
- Large living room / dining room with fireplace
- Sports bar with fireplace, billiards table, games and satellite TV
- Spa facility with outdoor covered hot tub, showers and washrooms, stretching, yoga and massage areas
- Guest media room with computer access, fax/telephone service
- Wireless computer access throughout the lodge, chalets and cabins
- Retail shop
What to Bring
In addition to your usual traveling items, also pack the below things for your trip to Bella Coola
- Good, worn-in, low or medium cut hiking shoes are suitable for most hikes
- Small backpack for lunch, snacks, fluids and personal gear
- Comfortable active wear pants
- Warm shirt, fleece or sweater
- Fleece hat, baseball cap or sun hat
- Thin gloves
- Wind jacket and pants or thin rain gear
- 1 litre water bottle
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Camera with a large memory card for all those great shots
- Personal medication if applicable