NEW! Bella Coola Explorer
In these all-inclusive packages expert guides take you to explore the stunning, diverse landscapes of our region; from the mighty fjords along the Pacific Ocean to the lush Great Bear Rainforest in the Bella Coola Valley and up to the Chilcotin Plateau!
In Bella Coola, the Coast Range mountains meet the Pacific Ocean and creates one of the most spectacular, yet isolated, wilderness areas on the planet. Long fjords, old growth forests, stunning peaks, vast glaciers and abundant wildlife. This pristine region is home to countless salmon, bald eagles and grizzly bears! The best way to experience the Bella Coola Valley is to partake in one of our all-inclusive pages such as the Bella Coola Explorer!
- View and photograph splendid mountain scenery while drifting the scenic Atnarko or Bella Coola Rivers in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park
- Learn to track grizzlies and look for bears in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, the largest protected area in the province
- Learn about the region's First Nations culture by visiting ancient stone carvings and the local totem poles
- Explore the Bella Coola harbour and surrounds, including a visit to a waterfall and an old growth forest of HUGE cedar trees!
- Drive the rugged Tote Road exploring old homesteads and trappers' cabins
- Sleep peacefully in beautiful log or timber-frame chalets with magnificent mountain views
- **NEW** Choose between Private or Semi-Private packages
- Option add-on: soar above remote alpine meadows, majestic mountain peaks and glaciers by helicopter!
Our Bella Coola Explorer trips are designed to encompass and introduce you to as much of the stunning local environment as humanly possible. Whether you come for 3 nights, 4 nights, 5 nights, or longer, the programs encompass the best that the valley has to offer.
All activities are hosted and led by qualified professionals with a wealth of local knowledge and stories. From trained naturalists, mountain guides, cheerful helicopter pilots, and salty boat captains, these people will make the day and terrain come alive with historical perspective and geographical context.
Join us for the best that Bella Coola has to offer. There is sure to be more adventure packed into these trips than you are likely to experience for the rest of the year.
Private and Semi-Private Tours
Wildlife experiences are so much better in small, intimate groups. Group size is definitely something you should consider when booking your holiday. At Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, guests have the option of choosing a Private package or a Semi-Private package. Here are the differences;
Private package - All of your tours are composed of just the people in your reservation (plus the guide of course!). On the Guided River Drifts you will get to use a McKenzie Drift Boat, which is the best option for serious photographers (ie has a solid base and sides). Reservations can be made on any day of the week.
Semi-Private package - Both Guided Walks and River Drifts are in small groups, with no more than 6 people. Drift the river in a comfortable raft with seats. Semi-Private packages have set trip dates (except for the 5 night package which can start on any day).
We can also organize a custom stay for you, but suggest you first consider the 3, 4 or 5 Night programs we have posted (see the suggested itineraries below). These trips have been designed to showcase some of the best Bella Coola has to offer and provide an excellent wilderness experience. If you would prefer a customized trip, it would be based off of the private pricing (and subject to additional costs depending on the tours selected). Optional add-on activities for custom trips include heli hiking, paddle boarding, over night camping, and even summer heli-skiing!
BOOK YOUR TRIP NOW! - Book your trip and get instant confirmation with our secure online booking engine!
Rates & Dates
Semi-Private tours have set departure dates (note: if your preferred duration trip does not line up with the day of the week, please still contact us to see if we can make it work).
- 3 Night Bella Coola Explorer – Starts on Fridays – $2080 per Adult, $1040 per Youth, $520 per Child
- 4 Night Bella Coola Explorer – Starts on Mondays – $2780 per Adult, $1390 per Youth, $695 per Child
- 5 Night Bella Coola Explorer – Starts on any day –$3480 per Adult, $1740 per Youth, $870 per Child
Private packages can start on any day of the week.
- 3 Night Bella Coola Explorer – $2680 per Adult, $130 per Youth, $795 per Child
- 4 Night Bella Coola Explorer – $4180 per Adult, $2090 per Youth, $1045 per Child
- 5 Night Bella Coola Explorer – $5180 per Adult, $2590 per Youth, $1295 per Child
We strong encourage stays of 4 nights or more, as we often hear guests stay "we wish we were staying longer!". Please contact us if you would like to stay more than 5 nights and we would be more than happy to build you a custom itinerary.
*Note: All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, are in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and do not include tax. Tax rates are 2.5% for International guests & 5% for Canadian residents. Prices do not include flights to and from Bella Coola.
Youth and Child Rates
Children are 3 to 11 years old. Youths are 12 to 18 years old and children 2 and under are free.
Single Occupancy is available on request and is $300 CAD per night for the Semi-Private Package and $400 CAD per night for the Private Package.
If you are flying to Bella Coola and would like us to book your flights, the rate is approximately $600 CAD on Pacific Coastal Airlines. It is worth checking their website as they often have seat sales (www.pacific-coastal.com).
Once you step off the plane in Bella Coola almost everything is included (retail and alcohol purchases are extra)!
- All ground transportation, including Bella Coola Airport pick-up and drop-off!
- Double occupancy accommodation in beautiful, private timberframe chalets at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge, a member of The Magnificent 7 Luxury Lodges of Canada and recipient of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence and Traveller’s Choice Award (Top Small Hotels Canada)
- All meals: Hot & Continental Breakfast, Lunch in the Lodge or a Packed Lunch to take out in the field, 3 Course Dinner, plus Afternoon Snacks and unlimited soda, coffee and tea!
- A variety of Guided Tours on each day of the package, lead by local guides. Tour include Scenic River Drifts and Guided Nature Hikes. For sample itineraries, see above. Note: these are sample itineraries and the format of each trip may change due to number of bookings, weather, bear activity, river conditions etc.
- All tours are Private or small group Semi-Private
- Experienced guides, certified by the Commercial Bear Viewing Association
- Entrance fees to parks
- Use of all sporting equipment, including mountain bikes that you may use to do some exploring on your own!
What to Bring
Below are a list of items that are recommended when participating in our package tours;
- Good, worn-in, low or medium cut hiking shoes are suitable for most hikes
- Small backpack for lunch, snacks, fluids and personal gear
- Comfortable pants
- Shirt, fleece or sweater
- Fleece or knitted hat, baseball cap or sun hat
- Thin gloves
- Change of socks
- Wind jacket and pants or thin rain gear
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Camera with a large memory card for all those great shots
- Personal medication if applicable
The activities does not require a high degree of physical fitness although some short walks may be required.