NEW! Bella Coola Explorer
In these all-inclusive packages expert guides take you to explore the stunning, diverse landscapes of our region; from the mighty fjords along the Pacific Ocean to the lush Great Bear Rainforest in the Bella Coola Valley and up to the Chilcotin Plateau!
In Bella Coola, the Coast Range mountains meet the Pacific Ocean and creates one of the most spectacular, yet isolated, wilderness areas on the planet. Long fjords, old growth forests, stunning peaks, vast glaciers and abundant wildlife. This pristine region is home to countless salmon, bald eagles and grizzly bears! The best way to experience the Bella Coola Valley is to partake in one of our all-inclusive pages such as the Bella Coola Explorer!
- View and photograph splendid mountain scenery while drifting the scenic Atnarko or Bella Coola Rivers in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park
- Learn to track grizzlies and look for bears in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park, the largest protected area in the province
- Learn about the region's First Nations culture by visiting ancient stone carvings and the local totem poles
- Explore the Bella Coola harbour and surrounds, including a visit to a waterfall and an old growth forest of HUGE cedar trees!
- Drive the rugged Tote Road exploring old homesteads and trappers' cabins
- Sleep peacefully in beautiful log or timber-frame chalets with magnificent mountain views
- Chose between Private or Semi-Private packages
- Option add-on: soar above remote alpine meadows, majestic mountain peaks and glaciers by helicopter!
Our Bella Coola Explorer trips are designed to encompass and introduce you to as much of the stunning local environment as humanly possible. Whether you come for 3 nights, 4 nights, 5 nights, or longer, the programs encompass the best that the valley has to offer.
All activities are hosted and led by qualified professionals with a wealth of local knowledge and stories. From trained naturalists, mountain guides, cheerful helicopter pilots, and salty boat captains, these people will make the day and terrain come alive with historical perspective and geographical context.
Join us for the best that Bella Coola has to offer. There is sure to be more adventure packed into these trips than you are likely to experience for the rest of the year.
Semi-Private Package - STARTING IN 2015
- 3 Night package: starts on Fridays of each week
- 4 Night package: starts on Mondays of each week
- 5 Night package: can start on any day
If you can only join us for 3 or 4 nights, but can't start on the scheduled day, still contact us for availability
Semi-Private Group Size: small groups up to a maximum of 8 people
Semi-Private Tour Transfers: shuttle van
Private Package - Available in 2014 and 2015
- 3 Night package: can start on any day
- 4 Night package: can start on any day
- 5 Night package: can start on any day
Private Group Size: Maximum 3 people (or a family with maximum of 2 children, or 1 parent and 3 children)
Private Tour Transfers: private SUV (note: airport transfers may be by shuttle, but daily tours will be by private SUV)
We can also organize a custom stay for you, but suggest you first consider the 3, 4 or 5 Night programs we have posted (see the suggested itineraries below). These trips have been designed to showcase some of the best Bella Coola has to offer and provide an excellent wilderness experience. If you would prefer a customized trip, it would be based off of the private pricing (and subject to additional costs depending on the tours selected). Optional add-on activities for custom trips include heli hiking, paddle boarding, over night camping, and even summer heli-skiing!
BOOK YOUR TRIP NOW! - Book your trip and get instant confirmation with our secure online booking engine!
Rates & Dates
2014 - June 27 to August 31 - PRIVATE only
- 3 Night: $2,980 Adult / $800 Youth / $800 Child
- 4 Night: $3,880 Adult / $1,200 Youth / $1,200 Child
- 5 Night: $4,780 Adult / $1,600 Youth / $1,600 Child
2015 - June 1 to August 23 - SEMI-PRIVATE
- 3 Night: $2,080 Adult / $1,040 Youth / $520 Child
- 4 Night: $2,780 Adult / $1,390 Youth / $695 Child
- 5 Night: $3,480 Adult / $1,740 Youth / $870 Child
2015 - June 1 to August 23 - PRIVATE
- 3 Night: $2,680 Adult / $1,340 Youth / $670 Child
- 4 Night: $3,580 Adult / $1,790 Youth / $895 Child
- 5 Night: $4,480 Adult / $2,240 Youth / $1,120 Child
*Note: All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, are in Canadian Dollars (CAD) and do not include tax. Tax rates are 2.5% for International guests & 5% for Canadian residents. Prices do not include flights to and from Bella Coola.
Single Occupancy is an extra $300 CAD per night for the Semi-Private Package and $400 CAD per night for the Private Package.
Child & Youth Rates
In regards to our rates, Youth are 12 to/including 18 years old and Children are 11 years old and under.
If you are flying to Bella Coola and would like us to book your flights, the rate is $600 CAD for a round-trip on Pacific Coastal Airlines. It is worth checking their website (http://pacific-coastal.com/) for yourself in case they are running a special.
- Accommodation in beautiful timber chalets at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge (based on double occupancy), winner of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice award (Top Small Hotels of Canada)
- All meals: Hot & Continental Breakfast, Lunch in the Lodge or Packed Lunch out in the field, 3 Course Dinner, plus Afternoon Snacks and unlimited soda, coffee and tea!
- Daily guided activities described in the itinerary, such as Nature Walks, Scenic River Drifts, Valley Tours
- Experienced, friendly guides
- Entrance fees to parks
- All ground transportation, including airport or ferry pick-up and drop-off!
What to Bring
Below are a list of items that are recommended when participating in our package tours;
- Good, worn-in, low or medium cut hiking shoes are suitable for most hikes
- Small backpack for lunch, snacks, fluids and personal gear
- Comfortable pants
- Shirt, fleece or sweater
- Fleece or knitted hat, baseball cap or sun hat
- Thin gloves
- Change of socks
- Wind jacket and pants or thin rain gear
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Camera with a large memory card for all those great shots
- Personal medication if applicable
The activities does not require a high degree of physical fitness although some short walks may be required.