The Ultimate Heli Skiing Experience
The most exclusive heli skiing tours of all. It's your experience...you decide! Small groups, nimble helicopters and luxury wilderness lodging.
Luxury Wilderness Resort
A heli skiing vacation at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge immerses you in a multi-day experience like none other.
Don't Miss a Day
Our goal is to have you heliskiing the day of your arrival and the day of your departure - a rare treat you are unlikely to find elsewhere, maximizing your vacation time!
Just You and Your Friends
By offering exclusively small group heli-skiing, all you need to do is bring 3 of your buddies or family and have your own private group! (Note: we are happy to take bookings of 1, 2 or 3 people too, however, we encourage you to bring a group of 4 so that you have your own group).
The Details - Our Programs
Bella Coola Heli Sports offers multi-day trips of 3, 4, 5, or 7 nights. Because we often ski on arrival and departure days, you have the opportunity to ski on more days with us than elsewhere. For example a 7 Night trip would comprise of 8 possible heliski days; 6 full days plus 2 half days.
Regular heli-skiing program: 3,4,5,6+ days of the best heli-skiing on the planet.
Experts Only: the Big Mountain Challenge is for experts only...and we mean experts! This program is for those that want to learn to push the envelope with safety in mind. This is a step up from the traditional "steep & deep" camps.... here at Bella Coola, you can't have real steep if it's deep!
Private Heli-Skiing & Exclusive Lodge Use: Chose Bella Coola’s Pantheon Heli-Skiing base for your private group of up to 8 friends/family. You will have exclusive use of the helicopter and the whole lodge, with no other groups, just yours...in 1.1 MILLION acres, just for yourselves (our total tenure is 2.64 million acres)!
Heli-Assist Ski Touring: Ski touring with a little bit of help from the heli! Every day you can ski in a different geographic area. One day it can be by the fjords, the next near the ice cap and the big glaciers, then in the Big Snow Zone or some nice tree runs. We can engineer traverses of terrain where you end the day in a totally different zone from the start of the day. This variety is of course not possible when you book a trip at a ski touring lodge where you end up skiing the same general area every day. Every morning you can begin the day with a heli drop at the top of a run, & every evening you stay in beautiful accommodation, dine on delicious 3 course meals, drink fine wine from the extensive cellar & receive personalized service! Pretty cool eh? Article here.
Rod & Ski Club: We are located on some of the best salmon & trout fishing rivers in the world. In the spring & early summer, guests can book a trip where they heliski beautiful corn snow (and sometimes powder) in the morning, then after lunch swap skis for fishing rods and waders in hope of catching a 50lbs spring salmon!
Get More information
For more information on heliskiing in Canada, our various programs, our three bases of operation, our helicopters, and on our guide service, please visit our sister website
Rates & DatesFor details, see our heliskiing in Canada website.
- Return flights Vancouver (South Terminal) to Bella Coola (approx 1 hour)
- Accommodation in beautiful, private log cabin chalets at Tweedsmuir Park Lodge or comfortable hotel-style rooms at our Big Mountain location (both based on double occupancy)
- All gourmet meals and après ski snacks (multi-course dinners, picnic lunch in the field and hot or cold breakfasts)
- Guide service by highly experienced and qualified mountain guides
- Safety equipment; beacon, guest pack (i.e. SnowPulse Airbag) with probe and shovel
- Free use of powder skis or snowboard (bring your own boots)
- Ground transport in the Bella Coola valley
What to Bring
What to Bring
Here is a quick list to help you remember all the things that will make your trip comfortable. Remember that many thin layers are much more versatile than one or two heavy ones. The weather in our coastal mountains can change quickly and you will want to be able to take off a layer or add one when you are out skiing or riding. The guy in the one-piece down suite will be hating life when the sun comes out...
Outerwear & Accessories
- Sun glasses
- Thin under layers
- Medium inner layer (vest)
- Thick inner layer of fleece
- Gloves or mitts
- Outer jacket
- Long Underwear
- Ski pants
- Ski socks (several Pairs)
- Valid Passport
- Fishing rod – we supply fishing gear but you can bring your own rod if you want.
- Note Book and Pen
- Cash – there are no bank machines at the lodge but there are in the town of Hagensborg 35 minutes from the lodge. We accept CDN or US cash and MasterCard or Visa credit cards
- Ski/Snowboard Boots
- Skis (if you are bringing your own)
- Poles (if you choose to bring your own)
- Comfortable clothes to hang out in
- Flip Flops are popular now
- Hiking Shoes/boots
- Swim Suit
- Sun Screen
- Chap Stick with sunscreen in it
- Tooth Paste
- Tooth Brush
- Contact Lenses or eye glasses (bring extra set)
- Prescription medications
- Shaving Items