Community and Environment
Keep Bella Coola Beautiful
At Tweedsmuir Park Lodge we are lucky to live in a stunning and pristine environment and have a wonderful community supporting us. We are committed to keeping it that way and ask all our guests to participate in ensuring that Bella Coola continues to be the most extraordinary place in the world to enjoy the great outdoors.
Commitments to community and environmental stewardship
We are proud members of the following organizations:
Things we do to make our business sustainable:
- We work closely with the Ministry of Environment & BC Parks to monitor wildlife in our area.
- We also work with Parks on a fire protection program and improvements & services for park visitors.
- We recycle all glass, bottles, cans and packaging. Dollars collected are donated to local school sports programs.
- We compost leftover food and landscape waste.
- All the water on our property comes from a mountain well. It is not treated and it is clean and pure.
- We do not buy bottled water, but instead supply all guests with reuseable water bottles.
- Our laundry soap and cleaning supplies are all "environment friendly" and we ask all guests and staff to minimize the need to do laundry.
- We use high efficiency appliances and have just completed an upgrade on the refrigeration system at the lodge.
- As much as possible we buy local & organic products and under no circumstances do we serve farmed seafood.
- We do not use pesticides anywhere on our property (by the way, this whole valley has seen basically no use of pesticides).
- We build bat houses to help our bug eating friends.
- We use only non-motorized boats on our rivers.
- We are strong supporters of catch & release fishing.